You can now take a deep breath. The holidays are over along with the hustle and bustle of visiting family and friends, parties, shopping and end of the year work deadlines. I’m sure most of you set your New Year resolutions. The only challenge is how long do you think they will last? Are your resolutions obtainable or are they way out in left field?
Here are a few simple steps to get you started:
- Set realistic goals
- Nutrition: If you over indulge one meal get right back on track with the next meal. Don’t wait till the following week.
- Change only one item per week. Don’t cut out all your favorite foods.
- Portion size all your meals and snacks
- Eat for energy.
- Exercise: Starting an exercise program? Listen to your body and don’t overdo it. Sore muscles lead to stopping your program. Start with Energize with Ellen at www.isobreathing.com and you will not feel sore. You can start obtaining results your very first week.
- If joining a gym set aside specific days and times. Place it in your schedule and make it happen.
- If lifting weights start out light weight and make sure you are lifting properly to avoid injury.
- 9. Aerobics: Aerobic activity is an increase in your heart rate. Use 10 minutes as a minimum. It is a starting point no matter how busy you are committing to 10 minutes a day is a great start. When you have more time then do more.
- 10. Walking is a great start, it’s easy and cheap. If you can’t walk seated aerobics is available. Go to www.isobreathing.com and look up previous shows. Towards the end of almost each show is seated aerobic activity.
- 11. Add in variety with your aerobic activity so you don’t get bored.
Remember that I am here to help you. I want you to succeed but I can’t do it for you. This newsletter is for you so How can I help you?