Avoiding Holiday Weight Gain in 15 simple steps part 2
The winter holidays are almost here. Thanksgiving is over and the holiday parties are almost upon us. How do you go to a party and not over indulge?
- Keep up with your schedule and make sure it is up to date.
- Know ahead of time when there is a party you need to attend
- Prepare yourself for that up coming party and plan ahead
- Take a snack with you to work if the party is after work
- Have your snack 30 minutes before your party
- Drink a glass or two of water with your snack
- When you get to the party start with a glass of sparkling water and lime
- Take a good look at the table where the food is placed
- Eat only those items that you can’t get any other time of year
- Take only a portion size
- Only fill your plate once
- Try to avoid people walking around with trays of food
- Don’t stand next to the food table and be deep in conversation (it is very easy to nibble off the table and not be aware of how much you are eating)
- Limit yourself to 1 alcoholic beverage
- Most of all don’t miss any meals during the day and get in your exercises
Holiday parties are time to socialize and have fun. They are not the time to overeat and put on the holiday 8-15 pounds.