I know it’s just the beginning of October, but this is the start of the holiday weight gaining season. It starts before Halloween when you go to the store early to pick up treats for your kids and the neighbors kids. When you see the shelves in the stores filled with all your old time favorites you tend to get a bag or two and place it in the closet. In the back of your mind you know its there and you can hear it calling you. Just one! Just one! You know as well as I do that all it takes it that Just one and before you know it the bag is gone.
I won’t say don’t buy it but:
This year be smart.
- Purchase candy you don’t like.
- Get it the day of Halloween.
- Next day get rid of the rest
- Go through your childrens bag get rid of most of it.
We talk about obesity in children and how its growing. Here is the start of that down hill spiral. It doesn’t have to be difficult.
Getting off the sweets
- Have your sweet after a meal. You are already on the full side.
- Portion size what you are having. See if you can get away with having ¼ to ½ of a portion size.
- Get in your strength training. Building a few additional muscle fibers to burn more calories.
- Aerobic activity. You need to move to lose. Start a walking program. Here is how to: